Heat Vulcanization Bonding Agent BA-221
Metal to Rubber Bonding Agent
(equivalent to Chemlok 220& CILBOND 80ET)
BA-221 is a heat vulcanization bonding agent for rubber and various
- It is a high strength bonding agent for unvulcanized rubber and
metals coated with BA-213.
- The applicable rubbers include NR, CR, BR, SBR, PIPR, IIR, EPR,
- It is non-toxic, easily operated.
- It can be applied with different ways like dip coating, spraying,
brushing, and roller coating.
- It has excellent resistance to heating, water, solvent, oil, salt,
- It has high bonding strength, stability and long durability.
3. Physical Properties
- Component: High polymer, organic compound, inorganic filler and
- Color: Black
- Viscosity: (25℃, Brookfield LV2 30rpm) 200-350cps
- Solid Content: 23-27%
- Flash Point: 27℃
- Diluents: Xylene
- Solvent: Xylene
- Shelf life: 12 months in unopened containers (25℃)
4. Applying BA-221
- Surface Preparation: All bonding surface must be contaminant (such
as oil, rust, oxide etc) free to reach optimum bonding effects.
Surfaces should be grit-blasted, and then ideally degreased. Apply
BA-213 and wait it becomes dry.
- Mixing: Homogeneous mix must be ensured before applying bonding
- Dilution: Proper quantity dilutes can also be added according to
dosage. The diluted bonding agent cannot be stored for long time.
- Brushing: Unnecessary for dilution
- Roller coating: 100 portion of BA-221 with 10-15 portion diluents
- Dipping coating: 100 portion of BA-221 with 10-15 portion diluents
- Spraying: 100 portion of BA-221 with 50 portion diluents
- Coating thickness: The coating should be uniform. Drying coating
thickness is 15-25 microns.
- Drying: After applying BA-221, it should be left for 45-60minutes
to dry at room temperature. Pre-warming or heating will speed up
- Storage: It should be stored in dry environment at room
temperature. Avoid long time exposure in high humidity and
- After treatment: Before heating vulcanization, use cloth strip
soaked with xylene to clean the excessive bonding agent. Once
cured, dilutes cannot clean the bonding agent.
- Vulcanization: For optimum adhesion effects, rubber and bonding
agent should be vulcanized at the same time. When the coated parts
are placed in the mould, fill rubber inside and then close the
mould to start vulcanization immediately. Recommended vulcanization
temperature is 145-185℃. Recommended vulcanization time is
5-60minutes. Vulcanization pressure is according to practical
- Close the diluents container tightly after use.
- The diluents vapor is hazardous. Prevent long time inhalation or
skin contact in working place.